Date - 18/05/2018
We are conducting some research on wider public sector external print spending and would like to find out the following:
- What is your total expenditure per annum on external print purchasing and related activity?
- Details of the supplier(s) used and spend with each.
- Details of any current in house print function and value of print produced 'in house' versus outsourced.
- How much of your total external print outsourced spend is procured through Crown Commercial Framework Agreements such as RM3785 Managed Print and Digital Solutions,
- RM921 Print Vendor Partner, RM1687 Wider Public Sector Framework, RM1063 Postal Goods and Services Framework Agreement, if so please provide values.
- How likely are you to utilise the new RM3785 Managed Print and Digital Solutions – LOT 2 – Tailored Managed Print Solutions for your future requirements, if not are there any reasons why?
- Details of when the contract(s) were last tendered and when they are due for renewal.
- Who within the organisation has overall responsibility for print and digital solutions?
We do not require details on internal print production, for example on multi-functional devices.
I can confirm that we hold the information you have requested.
Information we are able to supply
Please see the answers to your questions below:
- Approximately £25,000 (inc VAT) per annum.
- Two suppliers used:
- Allied Publicity Services (Manchester) Ltd – £15,000 per annum.
- One Digital (t/a Digaprint) – £10,000 per annum.
- No in house professional print function.
- Approximately 60% of external outsourced print spend is procured through Crown Commercial Framework Agreements. This equates to a value of approximately £15,000 per annum.
- Our requirements are met by the fully managed end to end print of LOT1.
- Two contracts:
- Allied Publicity Services (Manchester) Ltd – this contract was awarded in May 2017 and expires on 31 May 2019, although two one year options to extend exist.
- One Digital (t/a Digaprint) – this contract was tendered in May / June 2017 and is due for renewal in June 2020, although an option to extend the contract to June 2021 exists.
- There is no one person, it is split between business areas which all take responsibility for their aspect of the contract and ordering.