If your client’s not an employer
Choose a pension scheme
Automatic enrolment declaration, re-declaration and bulk declaration
Other useful tools
- State Pension Calculator from GOV.UK
- Find free and paid-for payroll software from GOV.UK
- Download the basic assessment tool (XLSX, 232kb, 3 sheets)
- Download our leaflet for clients who are thinking of employing someone for the first time (PDF, 110kb, 4 pages)
Top automatic enrolment questions
- How much will automatic enrolment cost?
- What should I do about staff with changing pay and hours?
- What happens if I don’t or can’t meet my automatic enrolment duties?
- Can I postpone the whole process?
- Does automatic enrolment apply to me?
- I'm the only director of my own company - do automatic enrolment duties apply to me?
Your client must include the insert when they send letters to their staff who must be put into a pension scheme.
- Letter template for staff who are being enrolled (DOC, 25.5kb, 1 page)
- Letter template for staff who are being put in a pension scheme but who do not receive tax relief (DOC, 25.5kb, 1 page)
Only use this template if the staff member who has been enrolled, does not receive tax relief on their contributions because your client's pension scheme uses a net pay arrangement. Read about tax relief on 'What to consider when choosing a scheme'.
Letter template for those not enrolled
Postponement letter template for all staff
Letter templates in other languages
We send out regular letters and emails to employers to support them through automatic enrolment: